Good eyesight is extremely important to daily life.
We constantly rely on clear vision to get us through everyday activities regardless of our age or lifestyles - but having healthy eyes is about more than just clear vision. By having an Eye Test at BLINK Optical, you will get a clear understanding of how healthy your eyes really are.
Eye ExaminationAt BLINK Optical your comprehensive eye examination will take approximately 30 minutes. During your examination we check:
- Eye Health - both internal and external
- General Physical Health (It is important to advise the optometrist of any medication or family history of eye conditions.)
- Clearness of vision (myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism)
- Colour Vision
- Focusing ability (Presbyopia)
- Eye muscle movement and control
- Amblyopia (lazy eye)
Find out more...During the test, both the front of your eye (the cornea, conjunctiva, iris lens and lids), and the inside of your eye (lens, retinal blood vessels and optic nerve head) will be inspected for any sign of problems, such as cataract or glaucoma, or other diseases such as high blood pressure or diabetes. If signs of any such problems are present, your optometrist will refer you to an eye specialist (ophthalmologist), or a general practitioner. In some individuals further tests are recommended and performed by the optometrist. You will usually be required to return on a different day for these additional tests:
- Dilated Fundus Examination
- Digital Visual Field Perimetry
- Sports Vision Assessment
- Perceptual Testing